• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

About Cows

ShadowBringer

Jul 25, 2005
Brazil
About Cows

I was wondering how to get on Cow Level using 1.11 patch. I used to get into it taking a portal tome and the wirt´s leg on horadric cube, and then transmuting it. So a portal would open.
Now i do that on normal difficult after i have killed baal and nothing happens. There´s another way to do that? Is there another thing i should do before getting on it? When i got first into the cow level i died. Then i couldn´t really kill the cow king. Think this is not the problem. What can we got from the cow level? i heard that when we got through it we can summon town portal as it would be part of our charcter´s skills. is it true? please answer me.

bye!

essojay

Jun 26, 2004
NH
Err.. I'm not too sure what you're saying but from what I can tell:
1. you're wondering why the portal wouldn't open
Make sure you transmute in Act 1 and don't kill the Cow King.
2. you keep getting killed in the cow level
Level up and make your character stronger. Block and "Damaged Reduced" mods on items help too.

Mage11

Jun 22, 2003
Perth, Western Australia
The other thing you have to be careful of is where you got the Wirt's Leg. Since 1.10, they are not transferable, so you need a Leg from Normal to access the Normal Cow Level, a Leg from NM to access the NM Cow Level and a Leg from Hell to activate the Hell Cow level.

The good news is that once you're able to access the Cow Level, the leg should be easy to get.

You must also be in Act 1 when you transmute the Leg and the Tome.