• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

A "What if?" Thread... delete if necessary

Hacknshoot

Member
Jul 20, 2005
726
0
165
32
Texas
A "What if?" Thread... delete if necessary

Well, I made this thread for some fun "what if?" questions we may think of. Here's a one I just thought of when getting a Crainte Vomir from a normal enemy in nm ladder in the Durance:

What if there was a shield(or shield runeword, preferrably 4 runes) that gave a +1 oskill to Smite? My own answer would be that barbs would make the best uber-three-killers, because the Crainte Vomir gives you a -TEN PERCENT damage reduction. And a 50% IAS is nice as well. Now, if there was a fanat item that could be used in all this(a bow doesn't count since you need the fanat on at the same time as your smite item), as well, then you would be a demon in a human's clothing. Oh, wait, that idea was taken by Diablo at the end of D1. :)

Post your own "what if?"'s here, and mods? Please feel free to delete this thread when you think it either gets out of hand or isn't needed here at all.:thumbsup:
 

arcticknight

Member
May 28, 2005
502
0
120
Chicago, IL
what if beast had heart of wolverine oskill. that would be awesome for a enchantress, bearpally...also has fanatacism. only lvl 9 though :grrr: heart of wolverine adds damage and ar. that would be cool. might make beast an actually useable weapon for fights. i have some other ideas too but .. i gtg now :lol:
 

Hacknshoot

Member
Jul 20, 2005
726
0
165
32
Texas
buttershug said:
What if every arrow in MS had CTC?
with pierce and lots of IAS and a brand bow, in cows, you would be able to cast around a 100 bone spears a sec.
Yeah, that would be kind of cool, but the graphics would lag my comp down a lot. I'd stick to strafing. lol But first off, I need the RUNES for Brand. And marrowwalks. Don't forget the bow, which should be a +3 GMB, right?
 

superdave

Member
Mar 14, 2004
12,561
109
480
please don't ban me.
www.abbasite.com
Hacknshoot said:
Yeah, that would be kind of cool, but the graphics would lag my comp down a lot. I'd stick to strafing. lol But first off, I need the RUNES for Brand. And marrowwalks. Don't forget the bow, which should be a +3 GMB, right?
so you will be wanting a patch rollback for the brand/marrows to work again...talk about lag throw a torch on there too
 

Hacknshoot

Member
Jul 20, 2005
726
0
165
32
Texas
superdave said:
so you will be wanting a patch rollback for the brand/marrows to work again...talk about lag throw a torch on there too


Heh, so they got rid of that bugged synergy? Kind of sucks, but I wanted the Bonespear thing most off, and then getting a Torch later on. Even if it's lag to the 500th power, I would still want to see it, so I could see what it would look like.
 

superdave

Member
Mar 14, 2004
12,561
109
480
please don't ban me.
www.abbasite.com
Hacknshoot said:
Heh, so they got rid of that bugged synergy? Kind of sucks, but I wanted the Bonespear thing most off, and then getting a Torch later on. Even if it's lag to the 500th power, I would still want to see it, so I could see what it would look like.

ok now say what if brand had some ias...then it would be a nice bow
 

buttaz

Member
Mar 24, 2005
173
0
86
34
What if u cood higher another char type as a mercenary? that'd be freakin 1337 lol