• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

A Party Question

gromtitan

Jul 25, 2005
A Party Question

Hey,
I was just wondering what the best combo would be with a frost/zealot pally.
I solo alot with a good buddy of mine and I want to know what would go good with his pally. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
G.T.

chubbypuppy

Dec 2, 2003
gromtitan said:
Hey,
I was just wondering what the best combo would be with a frost/zealot pally.
I solo alot with a good buddy of mine and I want to know what would go good with his pally. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
G.T.

I would assume that a skellimancer would be best necro to go with a zealot, to take advantage of his fanat aura. Both of you can benefit from a might merc. The other merc can be a HF (to slow monsters down, but might shatter bodies) or a defiance merc (high def for everyone).

Pherdnut

Sep 13, 2004
His buddy is going to be using the frost aura though. Since you'll be LRing a lot with a poisonmancer that may work out the best for both of you.

Myrakh-2

Jun 23, 2004
flyff.cable.nu
Of course, there is one argument that always works in favor of a Skelemancer: there's no(?) better protection for any party than a horde of friendly skellies --- and while melee players get less of an advantage since in order to make their own kills they have to go toe-to-toe, they still benefit from the distraction and they have the option of just retreating if the monster is too dangerous (spectral hit fanatism aura extra fast lightning enchanted multiple shot? :lol: )

I don't know how the holy freeze works exactly, but if the added cold damage is also added to party members then skellies will be MUCH better than Lower Resist (you could still cast lower resist, of course --- in this case it would benefit your skellies as well).

You have the corpse shattering problem anyway, but not all corpses will be lost --- so eventually there should be something to explode.

Still, if I were to look for a 2-player party, and frost-zealot/necro team wouldn't be my first choice.

Pherdnut

Sep 13, 2004
Skellimancer is effective even untwinked and the sheer tankage will make life a lot easier on your melee people. If you're rich, go for a poison/skellimancer.

The problem with a frost zealot is that the guy is going to be shattering everything, depriving any necro of valuable corpses for Corpse Explode, a very powerful ability. A Tesladin might work better.

GotFriana

Jul 13, 2005
Argentina
Well... for those circumstances... Im currently in a party using a cold sorc, with a hammerdin with a HF merc and a pure summoner. As someone mentioned before even with so much cold around not all corpses shatter, there are still enough available to use, also the necromancer doesn t have to carry the burden of killing things with CE so much since both me and the hammedin do our own good dmg as well.
So to conclude, it may not be the ideal setup but it is possible to play, it is still fun and if both of you enjoy those builds over the others then use them :) Also in bad situations the pally can allways turn his aura off momentarily so why d that be a problem?

Edit: typo.