• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

A free Iron Golem

pixelpowder

Jul 16, 2003
France
Visit site
A free Iron Golem

Hey, I justhad an idea to boost Necros that don't normally use Golems.

Just spend 3 points : 1 in Golem, 1 in Blood Golem, 1 in Iron Golem.

Then choose a metal item focussed on survivability (defense, life, resists, leech... you name it).

Equip the following :
+ 3 Summon Circlet
+ 3 Summon Amulet
+ 2 Necro skills Armor (the new runeword)
2x + 1 skill ring (SoJ or Bul Kathos)
Arachnid Mesh Belt
9x + 1 Summon Charm
+ 3 Necro Hellfire Torch
Annihilus Charm
+ 3 Summon Wand
+ 3 Summon Head
with among the two at least + 1 Summon resist, + 1 Golem Mastery, if possible + Iron Golem (let's just assume basic +1 Summon Resist and + 1 Golem Mastery for now)

Run in normal Act I and find a skill shrine

Bring a Barbarian friend and have him cast Battle Command on you.

And then cast Iron Golem on your item.

You will have a level 34 Iron Golem with level 34 mastery, level 34 summon resist, + 5% life from Clay Golem synergy.

Re-equip your normal equipment, the level 34 Iron Golem stays because of the 1 point you invested in the skill.

Try to keep the Golem alive (the whole process of summoning him takes time, and that's also the reason why I focussed on an item to keep him alive). If you wish to go for an Insight Item, you could get a tough Meditation Aura Golem for your Bonemancer and never have to worry about mana again.

If you can find wands and heads with even more bonuses to IG, SR and GM more power to you !

Alternatly, you could use this to boost a build which already has a level 20 Iron Golem to levels of 53+, making him possibly unkillable...

Myrakh-2

Jun 23, 2004
flyff.cable.nu
Of course, spending a point in golem mastery instead of blood golem, and the other point in summon resist instead of iron golem and just using clay golem all the time with your normal gear (which is bound to have a few +skills that also apply to the summon tree) will not only give you a much better and more versatile golem, but it also doesn't take a full stash of replacement gear, a barb friend and three weeks summon time...

Besides, iron golems do die or poof just like any other golem.

:thumbsup:

Mad Mantis

D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator
Jun 24, 2003
In a cave
Visit site
Don’t forget that you need to equip all the gear right before you leave your current game. Inn essence the IG gets resummoned every time you join a game.

Rice_Farmer3

Dec 15, 2004
All the trouble for an... Iron Golem... just equip the normal gear and it'll save you more trouble and time than having a nice golem around.

Myrakh-2

Jun 23, 2004
flyff.cable.nu
And I just noticed that you can save yourself the trouble with skill shrines and battle orders --- you can't have either of these effects active when you enter a game. You can equip your "iron golem summon gear" before leaving, so the golem gets recreated at this level when you enter a new game, but skill shrines and battle orders won't be active when you enter the game...

Evrae Altana

Aug 13, 2005
Rubby Ducky
All of that iron golem prebuffing gear would take up a huge amount of space in your stash. I think it's way too much space to use up for only a small amount of benefit.

semisonic9

Oct 21, 2004
Florida
...but you're thinking, and we like that!

I too love the Iron Golem, but he kinda got shafted in Diablo. The coolest looking golem, but the crappiest of power/hp/attack combos. Fire should be scooted down, and we should get a golem with something like Lower Resist for an aura. That would = :thumbsup:

cotton

Nov 1, 2004
Nashville
You are all leaving out the coolest thing about an iron golem: he is semi-translucent when made from an etheral item.

It is worthless, I know, but who didn't think, "Hey, cool," at least for a second, after doing it the first time.