• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

A call to all the Talonsins!

BatTheMan

Aug 2, 2005
montreal
A call to all the Talonsins!

Ok so my 49 year old stubborn assassin thought she could run up a ladder. She later fell and was found lying dead looted publicly.

I plan to restart her when I get home from work. I thought I could handle a Fire Enchanted guy in Act 4 Nm, but I was wrong. I have yet to see another Kicksin or MA assassin. In fact I've only seen one since 1.10 came out. On HCLadder East that is. Anybody have a successful first Assalon yet?
People always tell me to start with something else, but I am confident and will
be able to solo hell untweaked. In the past I must of build 6-7 MA assassins which all end up dying or becoming mules, but now I am trying a different approach to the build and we'll see.

Do you guys play mostly non ladder or softcore. I see the appeal playing softcore where you can goof around and experiment builds and duel. (BTW I remember when I was playing sc there was always a assassin private duel game open does it still exists?). I like me being one of the few using MArts, but would like to see more of you guys online. Perhaps play side by side. So I'm going to drop my contact info. Feel free drop yours or to stalk me.

account:[email protected]

Oct 20, 2003
Visit site
Not too many PvM kickers in HC dude...

IM is just instant death in some sections of the game. I tried kicking in HC to PK but that's a different story. Initially on the ladder, everyone expects you to tank since you are melee, but tanking is dangerous. You can't whirl out of a mob like a barb.

Kickers would be fun for the challenge, but very hard to manage in 8 person games I suspect.

Most of the people here tend to be softcore I think.

Razim

Aug 4, 2005
I have a kick/trapsin hybrid on Euro HC ladder and she's doing fine (lvl 75 at the moment). She needs some better equipment to solo Hell effectively but she can easily manage a solo NM Baalrun or NM cows. In parties she can be very effective by laying DS (and LS) against large groups, or help bring down some high hp monsters with her mighty fast kicks. :) A pure MA kicksin is hard to do though, sometimes you just need to lay down some sneaky traps to cope with all those monsters swarming you. I just love a versatile assa. :D

BatTheMan

Aug 2, 2005
montreal
Razim said:
I have a kick/trapsin hybrid on Euro HC ladder and she's doing fine (lvl 75 at the moment). She needs some better equipment to solo Hell effectively but she can easily manage a solo NM Baalrun or NM cows. In parties she can be very effective by laying DS (and LS) against large groups, or help bring down some high hp monsters with her mighty fast kicks. :) A pure MA kicksin is hard to do though, sometimes you just need to lay down some sneaky traps to cope with all those monsters swarming you. I just love a versatile assa. :D
I have no doubt concerning a hybrid assassin make it big of course everybody can max synergies and lay traps :).