• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

50 Hell countess runs - Wow

Shadow Druid

Jul 10, 2005
New Zealand
50 Hell countess runs - Wow

After funally building a character that can cut it in Hell I decided to do some Countess Runs with my Meteorb sorc, with some very satisfying results :thumbsup:

Run 1: Eth, Eth
Run 2: El, Immortal King's Detail
Run 3: Sol, Sol
Run 4: Ith, Ort
Run 5: Amn, Eth
Run 6: El, Eld
Run 7: Eth, Eth, Tir
Run 8: Eth, Eld
Run 9: Tir
Run 10: El, Dol, ethereal Heavenly Garb
Run 11: Tal, Eth
Run 12: Shael, Eld
Run 13: Tir
Run 14: Lum, Tal
Run 15: Eld, Eld, ethereal Boneslayer Blade
Run 16: Ral
Run 17: Nef, Tir
Run 18: Eld, El, Ral
Run 19: Immortal King's Detail, El, Ith
Run 20: Ith
Run 21: Shael, Thul, Ral, Eth
Run 22: Tir
Run 23: El
Run 24: Tal, Eld, Thul
Run 25: Tir, Eld, Sander's Taboo, Sigon's Shelter
Run 26: Amn
Run 27: Harlequin Crest, Eth
Run 28: Wormskull
Run 29: Tir, Amn
Run 30: El, Tal
Run 31: Ral
Run 32: El, El, Tir
Run 33: Eld, Thul, Shael
Run 34: Tal, Ist Sigon's Sabot, Cleglaw's Claw
Run 35: Tal, Eth, Eld Tir
Run 36: El, Ort, Angelic Halo
Run 37: Eth, Eth, Nef
Run 38: El, Ral
Run 39: Thul, El, Ral
Run 40: El, El, Eld
Run 41: Tir, Eld
Run 42: Ral, El, El
Run 43: El, El
Run 44: Gheed's Fortune (107/24/10), Tir, Tir
Run 45: Nef, Shadowfang
Run 46: Ith, Ral, Grim Reaper
Run 47: Tal, Tir, Eth, Raven Claw, Sigon's Wrap
Run 48: Eth, Ort
Run 49: Eth, Eth, Thul
Run 50: El

Wow. When the Lum dropped I would have been stoked if that was my best find :D When the Shako dropped (Off a Champion Ghost) I actually fell off my chair, easily my best ever find. At that point I realised that my luck was running strong so I threw on some MF gear and kept running and sure enough I get an Ist! I couldn't believe how well it was going, surely it couldn't get any better......

Then came the Gheeds. Wow, Those 4 finds would have to be close to my 4 best ever items and I got them all in one block of 50 Countess runs :thumbsup: Hope some of my luck rubs off onto the rest of you!

Day

Jun 16, 2004
Nice finds particularly the ist - I've never found one - the three shaels are also nice - I always seem to be worrying that I have enough.

skunkbelly

Nov 13, 2003
In a snow drift in Upstate NY.
Shadow Druid said:
At that point I realised that my luck was running strong so I threw on some MF gear and kept running and sure enough I get an Ist! I couldn't believe how well it was going, surely it couldn't get any better......

One thing to note: MF doesn't help your chance to find runes at all. You just got lucky with that Ist :)

I've done about 350 Countess runs with nothing over an Um... :rant:

cryist

Jul 8, 2003
Yacolt, Wa
Visit site
I can still remember the first time i found an IST of the countess, It was when i completed her quest, sense then a bunch of KO's, LUM, a few Um's and a Mal, but no more Ist from her, and i figure that i have done about 2k+ sense i found my IST off her, so good luck in finding another one..

jrlafrance

Nov 29, 2004
California, USA
I can't say that I've run Countess all that much, but the highest I've found is a Lum, with my Frenzy barb. She has dropped me several Hel's also. Great finds, by the way!! :thumbsup: :clap:

GooberGrape

Jan 24, 2004
I'd say she got quite a bit easier in 1.11, since they finally fixed the FE explosion. Grats on the runs, I'll do the same once I reach hell on the SPL.

-GG

bill_n_opus

Apr 10, 2004
GVRD baby!
Man, you're a lucky basta .... guy! to hit an Ist rune within 50 runs. You've really beaten the odds with that one.

iirc, an Ist from Hell Countess is 1:1200 or so ballpark on players1. Or one Ist per 1200 runs or so. Anyone wants to consult Doc Tenshi's ATMA's drop calc can correct me with the precise odds.

Tournai Solum

Jul 24, 2005
v.v The Countess is always Fire Immune and Cold Immune for me.

;.; not cool for my meteorb sorc.

All the +skill items in the world can't help if I don't have a point into like... Lightning.

*shrugs* Eh well.

seige

Oct 24, 2004
Tassie
bill_n_opus said:
Man, you're a lucky basta .... guy! to hit an Ist rune within 50 runs. You've really beaten the odds with that one.

iirc, an Ist from Hell Countess is 1:1200 or so ballpark on players1. Or one Ist per 1200 runs or so. Anyone wants to consult Doc Tenshi's ATMA's drop calc can correct me with the precise odds.
According to the calculator if I've done this right
0.00120213859091 The Countess - [H] Tower Cellar Level 5 - {mlvl 82}
Looks like you were just about right there bill_n_opus. :)

Congrats on the runs Shadow Druid. Some nice finds there :thumbsup:

- Jas :howdy:

SeDnA

Dec 16, 2004
Singapore
Tournai Solum said:
v.v The Countess is always Fire Immune and Cold Immune for me.

;.; not cool for my meteorb sorc.

All the +skill items in the world can't help if I don't have a point into like... Lightning.

*shrugs* Eh well.
Meteorb is perfect for running countess. Fireball clears everything other than devilkins on level 5. Frozen orb clears the devilkins. That leaves the countess. An average mercenary with reapers/stealskull/duriels should be able to kill the countess in a few hits.

Tournai Solum

Jul 24, 2005
SeDnA said:
Meteorb is perfect for running countess. Fireball clears everything other than devilkins on level 5. Frozen orb clears the devilkins. That leaves the countess. An average mercenary with reapers/stealskull/duriels should be able to kill the countess in a few hits.

Now... out of those three... I have... none.

*grins proudly*

I tried sending my merc in once, after Staticking her.

>.> Three shots, and he was down. She was down... eh. It would have taken 100k gold to kill her.

I decided it's not worth it.

*shrugs* I'll find some cool stuff, I guess.

SeDnA

Dec 16, 2004
Singapore
Tournai Solum said:
Now... out of those three... I have... none.

*grins proudly*

I tried sending my merc in once, after Staticking her.

>.> Three shots, and he was down. She was down... eh. It would have taken 100k gold to kill her.

I decided it's not worth it.

*shrugs* I'll find some cool stuff, I guess.
Do you accept gifts? I have some 1.10 reaperstoll/stealskull/duriels which are about to be deleted...

Edit: Check your mail.

Tournai Solum

Jul 24, 2005
SeDnA said:
Do you accept gifts? I have some 1.10 reaperstoll/stealskull/duriels which are about to be deleted...

I accept gifts, yeah. Sure.

tournaisolum @ gmail . com

Go for it. I'll love you forever. =p

*huggles* Waste not want not, I think.

bill_n_opus

Apr 10, 2004
GVRD baby!
Yes, I was going to re-mention that a Meteorb Sorc is almost perfect for running the Countess.

The Fireball/Meteor and Frozen Orb plus a few jolts of Static will clear out everything in the Countess room quickly except for the Countess. Especially the fireball because of the spash effect and it's immediacy.

This is the good part.

Doing Countess on players 1 for best rune drops your merc should have no problem wearing full MF gear (Tal's armor/Skullders/etc and Shako and Tomb Reaver or your weapon of choice) and kill the Countess quickly in 1-2-3 hits max.

So, you'll get the best of both worlds. Natural teleport by the sorc (unless you have an Enigma :uhhuh: ), room clearing power and having your merc get the important kill. The Countess can drop some nice items too.

Shadow Druid

Jul 10, 2005
New Zealand
This was in 1.10, I still haven't got around to upgrading yet. As others have said, I just dealt with everything with either FO (my preference) or Meteor/FB and left The Countess for my merc to deal with, maybe a few statics to help him out.

It should be noted that my runs were not particularly quick due to this character being my highest MFer and my general playing style doesn't lend itself to speed. Thanks for all the congratulations, I've been inspired to push on and make this character my first Matriarch :thumbsup: I've picked up a Hel and a Ko just by questing up to Act 3 :D