• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

3+Years of d2.... over. Thx blizz lol

TaoNinjitsu

Jul 18, 2005
3+Years of d2.... over. Thx blizz lol

i dont want sympathy or someone to go oooo im soo sorry but hey, I had a good 3 year run with diablo 2, but now that my cd key was banned and new ladd accnt closed i think its time to quit d2 for good. I never use any bots or anything, but with new ladd reset everyone was using the EasyMap and me being an idiot thought it was legit. I used it a few times, but it sucked and i just forgot about it. but yes, in thier witchhunt blizz banned my **** and closed accnt so, well, all that time wasted :( I think its kinda extreme they just shut me out like that, instead of a warning or something. They say theyve been telling people not to use it but i dont go on blizz.com or anything so i really didnt know theyd be so extreme about punishment.... but w/e i guess my years of playing various blizz games is at an end.....

its been good. Time to move on to another game!

hope lew ladd is fun for yall

peace

xyzthorakzyx

May 15, 2005
sweden
Nice to see another mh-user go away. If you read the text when you log into b.net you see a message there. Guess you just never bothered to read it...

Bloodfire

May 25, 2005
UK
By using any 3rd party progame you are breaking a contract you signed when you installed the game... which probably said that they had the power to ban you should you do anything that broke the contract. Also, how would anything like EasyMap be "legit"?

[Sorry if this post sounds unkind towards your misfortune but I just do not like people having a go at blizz when they were in the wrong]

Godz Deathz

Banned
Jul 25, 2005
usa
i find it funny that people are trying to insult him, although he will likely never be on this site again...

good luck with your new game, i know i might need to quit too because im kinda feeling like my life is wasting away playing diablo (OMG! WTF DID HE SAY?!?!?!) yea i know, oh well as you "cool" people say

peace

Aug 1, 2005
I agree with the above post. I mean he clearly stated he wasn't looking for sympathy and he never denied that mh is bad or that it was WRONG to get banned.. he simply said that a warning would have been convenient. Just b/c you don't agree w/ mh and don't find urself fond of the users doesn't mean you have to go attacking those that do.

Also, in saying he thought it was "legit" .. I don't think he meant legit as in legal but rather "legit" as in like, undetectable and w/ out the wonderful trojans that Netter openly admitted to using before in order to steal cd keys/acc's

If you do happen to visit this site again.. I'd recommend Baldur's Gate for ps2 if you want to stick w/ the whole diablo feel. If you are trying to get away from that.. well.. what better than "finding nemo"!!!

Jul 29, 2003
Visit site
1) its not a witchhunt to enforce the terms of service that users agreed to in order to play the game. get off your high horse. i am glad you got banned.

2) why would anyone, ever, anywhere, think that a 3rd party program could be legit? that is completely absurd.

you got what you deserved, as did lots of other people. there is no witchhunt, only a hunt of dishonorable players.

C Squad

Jul 28, 2005
New York
Being someone who used to bot and use MH and since gone legit, I'm not going to be like all of the other here and respond with "grrr damn MH'ers" and some other equally mindless comment. The truth is that whenever you use a program not made by Blizzard you run numerous risks. It could be a fake MH that steals your pass/CD Key, an item dropper, etc. Even the clean programs as you can see carry certain risks with consequences you have to be willing to accept responsibility for.

Chances are that your CD Key is only temp banned for a monthso its not like further down the line if you start to crave D2 again you can't play, you just have to decide whether you want to try MH again.

diablo2addict

Jun 24, 2003
Exploring the Infinite Abyss
FatalAquaintance said:
I mean he clearly stated he wasn't looking for sympathy and he never denied that mh is bad or that it was WRONG to get banned.. he simply said that a warning would have been convenient.

He had plenty of warning. The diablo ii terms of service, the account creation terms of service, the message that comes up whenever you log onto battle.net warning you not to use third party programs or you will be banned. What more warning does a person need? I don't see how else they could be warned aside from an in-game bot telling you not to use hacks. It isn't hard to figure these things out.

Aug 1, 2005
diablo2addict said:
He had plenty of warning. The diablo ii terms of service, the account creation terms of service, the message that comes up whenever you log onto battle.net warning you not to use third party programs or you will be banned. What more warning does a person need? I don't see how else they could be warned aside from an in-game bot telling you not to use hacks. It isn't hard to figure these things out.

I'm not disagreeing w/ you.. i was simply stating what he said.

Dredd

D3 Off Topic Moderator
Jan 3, 2004
Your subconscious
TaoNinjitsu said:
i dont want sympathy or someone to go oooo im soo sorry but hey, I had a good 3 year run with diablo 2, but now that my cd key was banned and new ladd accnt closed i think its time to quit d2 for good.

If this is your first offense, it's likely that you received a 30-day suspension on your cd key. The accounts you had are gone for good, but after the suspension is lifted you should be able to resume Battle.net play without having to purchase a new set of cds.

I realize you are thinking of giving up for good, but ... well, a lot of us say that and end up coming back again sooner or later. :teeth:

If you do decide to play again someday, think twice before installing those nasty cheats! I do feel some sympathy for those of you who feel that Blizzard is denying you from playing the game in a manner that you feel is the most fun. However, Closed Battle.net is supposed to be a hack-free environment and Blizzard enforces that policy whenever they are able.

When you said:

TaoNinjitsu said:
I never use any bots or anything, but with new ladd reset everyone was using the EasyMap from [EDITBLAHBLAH]........ and me being an idiot thought it was legit.

... you are implying that you thought that Easymap was a legit program. Just to clear things up for you, Easymap - and indeed all maphack programs - are considered to be illegal, third party programs by Blizzard in regards to their use on Closed Battle.net. There is no such thing as a "legit maphack". If detected by Battle.net, use of such a program can earn you a suspension, account deletion, and possibly even the permenant loss of your cd keys. Obviously, you have first hand experience with that. For that, I'm sorry - but in the future you should pay closer attention to the online policies of the games you play. :(

TaoNinjitsu said:
I used it a few times, but it sucked and i just forgot about it. but yes, in thier witchhunt blizz banned my **** and closed accnt so, well, all that time wasted

I wouldn't characterize the mass bannings as a "witchhunt". Blizzard has warned players about the consequences of using 3rd party cheats on Closed BNet ad nauseum. They were simply following through with those warnings.

If you wish to resume playing D2 with cheats in the future, consider the fact that there are a number of viable options for you. Blizzard's anti-cheating policy is not enforced on Open Battle.net or in Single-Player mode. Although you would miss out on a handful of runewords, the Super Diablo and Uber Trist events, those are not significant losses. You can still play with your friends and use whatever cheats your heart desires.

If you decide to try out my suggestion, please be considerate and don't use our trade forums if you use a maphack (or any cheat for that matter). It's forbidden and can earn you a ban.

bluerabbit

Jul 13, 2005
UK
I certainly agree that cheats should not be allowed, but its a little bit too late as all the cheaters would already have their wealth in items, etc (unless its the new ladder).

I find it funny all those that moan at the cheaters, etc.....how many of those entered into games with a baal runner bot or someone who runs from wp to wp without taking a breath to stop?

Anyway.....gl

EckoKc

Jul 28, 2005
toledo,ohio
TaoNinjitsu said:
i dont want sympathy or someone to go oooo im soo sorry but hey, I had a good 3 year run with diablo 2, but now that my cd key was banned and new ladd accnt closed i think its time to quit d2 for good. I never use any bots or anything, but with new ladd reset everyone was using the EasyMap from d2event.net.......

if linking sites that promote the use of hacks is against the rules, typeing in the name of a web site that is distributing a new mh has also got to be against the rules. to be perfectly honest here i was looking for the new mh when it came out and was unable to find it (glad i didnt btw) until now. thinkng that a mod should edit this part out.

PublicEnemy

Jun 23, 2003
Utopia land
Visit site
TaoNinjitsu said:
i dont want sympathy or someone to go oooo im soo sorry but hey, I had a good 3 year run with diablo 2, but now that my cd key was banned and new ladd accnt closed i think its time to quit d2 for good. I never use any bots or anything, but with new ladd reset everyone was using the EasyMap from d2event.net
hello
If I were you,I would check the account 10-15 days after the ban,and the cd key 30 days after.
According to what I read about players being banned,if this is your first cd key ban,you are very likely to be temp. banned for 30 days,otherwise it is perm. disabled for bnet.
If it's a temp ban,you may recover your account 10-15 days after the ban,otherwise the account and cd key are disabled for online play.
Good luck.