• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

3 questions about blizzard sorc

bruthor

Jul 3, 2005
Norway
3 questions about blizzard sorc

I've never played them before, and have 2 questions:

1:
How is the damage from blizzard calculated? If your screen says 5000, is that each second, each spike or the full damage it can deal over 4 sec.
Each spike would be great :)

2:
How many yards does it cover ?

3:
Best merc. and gear.

Thanks in advance.

Evrae Altana

Aug 13, 2005
Rubby Ducky
1:
How is the damage from blizzard calculated? If your screen says 5000, is that each second, each spike or the full damage it can deal over 4 sec.
Each spike would be great
The listed damage is the damage done by each spike. Targets can be hit for multiple spikes from the same Blizzard.

Question #2 I'll leave to someone else

Question #3 Best gear for what? PvM? PvP? MF?

Leohappy

Mar 26, 2005
Slovenia
1: Damage is per shard and Blizz does A LOT of damage even untwinked if you max synergies and mastery.

2: No idea how many yards but it does cover a big area (generally speaking enough to harm every monster spawned by baal in a baalrun).

3: All you need is a hf merc. Gear almost doesn't matter unless you fight cold immunes. My merc had 100 dmg polearm, venom ward and rare helm when I entered hell and he did quite well in mausoleum runs. Remember monsters can get slowed or frozen by cold attacks. Coupled with hf aura it makes them super slow.

lobotomoy

Apr 29, 2004
Hmm, I've never heard of using holy freeze with blizzard. I was under the impression that the faster a monster is moving, the more damage it takes from blizzard. Because it will run into more spikes that way. I've been using a defiance mercenary (Act 2 Normal Defensive) with my blizz sorc.

bruthor

Jul 3, 2005
Norway
Evrae Altana said:
The listed damage is the damage done by each spike. Targets can be hit for multiple spikes from the same Blizzard.

Question #2 I'll leave to someone else

Question #3 Best gear for what? PvM? PvP? MF?

He will be pvm tank and damage source. I think an defience with doom pole would be nice. What do you think?

lonnie913

Sep 25, 2003
Visit site
defiance with doom polearm is one way to go. i think holy free is unnecessary since you are pure cold. i like might mercs with single element sorceresses. he provides a second reliable damage source.

Evrae Altana

Aug 13, 2005
Rubby Ducky
He will be pvm tank and damage source. I think an defience with doom pole would be nice. What do you think?
That's a good idea. That way, you will get the slowing effect of Holy Freeze and the Defiance aura to increase your mercenary's tanking ability.