• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

1st Time HC players Impressions

ShockTactics

Aug 8, 2005
West Lothian
www.alldumb.com
1st Time HC players Impressions

Well, first time in about a year anyway...even then the highest I got was roughly level 23 :lol:

First and foremost, I just have to say, I used to think hardcore players were just stupid, who'd want to play a game where you spend hours playing, just to die and lose all your items? This is what I used to think, after 1 weeks playing hc, I'm never going back to softcore :D

I've learnt that going at your own pace is key to staying alive...that and having the rejuvs ready hehe.

Decent Uniques Found - 1
Closest Call To Death - 10 hp from 784
Total Amount of Close Calls - Too many to freakin' count lol (damn, those FE's will give me a heart attack 1 day)
The Joy of Getting My Charracter Level 76 - Priceless :D

I now take back absolutely everything I thought about Hardcore, and I respect all the people who play it, and I'll never be going softcore again.

Ankeli

Oct 11, 2004
Finland
ShockTactics said:
Well, first time in about a year anyway...even then the highest I got was roughly level 23 :lol:

First and foremost, I just have to say, I used to think hardcore players were just stupid, who'd want to play a game where you spend hours playing, just to die and lose all your items? This is what I used to think, after 1 weeks playing hc, I'm never going back to softcore :D

I've learnt that going at your own pace is key to staying alive...that and having the rejuvs ready hehe.

Decent Uniques Found - 1
Closest Call To Death - 10 hp from 784
Total Amount of Close Calls - Too many to freakin' count lol (damn, those FE's will give me a heart attack 1 day)
The Joy of Getting My Charracter Level 76 - Priceless :D

I now take back absolutely everything I thought about Hardcore, and I respect all the people who play it, and I'll never be going softcore again.

Amen. :thumbsup:

Jun 27, 2003
Australia
Visit site
ShockTactics said:
and having the rejuvs ready hehe.

Rejuvs are your friends! Always have an unlimited supply of tho small and large purples and be liberal with your use of them! Any time your life bulb gets hit for more than a tad, use one.

Nice to see another convert!

Ankeli

Oct 11, 2004
Finland
Dont hold back on the juvs. I've died oh so many times because I've thought I was saving 1 full juv, and ended up losing 12 full juvs and all my gear. Hit them.

Stimm

Jun 30, 2003
Member Acoma Warriors
Visit site
Im still amazed when I see screenies posted in this forums and all 4 rows arent filled with Full juvies. I know I keep 4x4 full once I hit act 5 normal. Ive also been known to keep 2 or 3 mules full of them for PvP and twinking purposes

Martini

Oct 31, 2003
Ankeli said:
Dont hold back on the juvs. I've died oh so many times because I've thought I was saving 1 full juv, and ended up losing 12 full juvs and all my gear. Hit them.

That is without doubt the best piece of advice a new time hc player can get. Use your juvies...don't even hesitate.

Full_Circle

Apr 29, 2004
Stimm said:
Im still amazed when I see screenies posted in this forums and all 4 rows arent filled with Full juvies. I know I keep 4x4 full once I hit act 5 normal. Ive also been known to keep 2 or 3 mules full of them for PvP and twinking purposes

I almost never keep 4x4 full juvs... there are times when a super-mana or a super-heal is simply better than a juv, so I usually keep 1x heal, 1x mana, 2x full juv. If you need more than 8 full juvs in one encounter, you should probably be frantically reaching for that escape key and clicking "Options" a couple times, anyway.

jmervyn

Jun 24, 2003
NYC
www.rpgtraders.net
ShockTactics said:
Welcome brother, to real gameplay. {cue harps & angelic voices} I deleted my remaining sentimental SC char two years ago: I wanted to re-use his name.

Be careful with bone dolls and gloams; be even moreso with their boss packs.

Aerath

Aug 5, 2003
www.embers.nu
Full_Circle said:
I almost never keep 4x4 full juvs... there are times when a super-mana or a super-heal is simply better than a juv, so I usually keep 1x heal, 1x mana, 2x full juv. If you need more than 8 full juvs in one encounter, you should probably be frantically reaching for that escape key and clicking "Options" a couple times, anyway.

Word. To the entire post.