• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

100 hell countess runs

asdfgah

Apr 11, 2005
Gothenburg, Sweden
100 hell countess runs

Here are the results from 100 hell countess runs I've made with my lightning sorc, asdf_tesla (which you can find a bit of information about here).

All runes that can be cubed without gems have been cubed and that's why there are so many thul runes and so few under thul but I've found many of every rune under thul. Only one of the 100 runs was a run where I didn't even get a single rune.

All uniques and set's exept for some green rings I found are also listed.

Semi-rare runes are underlined.

Number of Items : 47

1: Dol Rune

2: Thul Rune

3: Sol Rune

4: Thul Rune

5: Sol Rune

6: Shael Rune

7: Io Rune

8: Lum Rune

9: Amn Rune

10: Amn Rune

11: Amn Rune

12: Natalya's Totem
Grim Helm

13: Hwanin's Refuge
Tigulated Mail

14: Frostburn
Gauntlets

15: Amn Rune

16: Thul Rune

17: Dol Rune

18: Thul Rune

19: Thul Rune

20: Sol Rune

21: The Minotaur
Ancient Axe

22: Dol Rune

23: Amn Rune

24: Io Rune

25: Amn Rune

26: Shael Rune

27: Thul Rune

28: Thul Rune

29: Thul Rune

30: Thul Rune

31: Sigon's Wrap
Plated Belt

32: Death's Touch
War Sword

33: Amn Rune

34: Fal Rune

35: Thul Rune

36: Shael Rune

37: Thul Rune

38: Ort Rune

39: Eld Rune

40: Ith Rune

41: Eld Rune

42: Tal Rune

43: Tir Rune

44: Tir Rune

45: Ith Rune

46: Tal Rune

47: Infernal Sign
Heavy Belt

The fal rune dropped at run # 95

I am trying to get the runes to make a duress armour and I've found an um rune from hell countess before so I guess I'll keep on running for a while :)

I also found lots of keys of terror but they aren't listed. (at least 15+, found 3 keys of terror between run 70-75)

I hasn't been boring at all because I've been spreading out the runs a lot and listening to good music while doing them :D

Tell me if I've forgotten to mension something

Thanks for reading!

lone_wolf

Jun 25, 2003
sweden
intresting now you made me even more sure to make a lit sorc. I need atleast one rune finding char:)

essojay

Jun 26, 2004
NH
Not too bad for 100 runs. :thumbsup:

Maybe you'll get a really high rune next time. :clap:

bill_n_opus

Apr 10, 2004
GVRD baby!
Yeah, running the Countess with a sorc is very, very quick. 100 runs shouldn't take that long.

Doesn't have to be any particular sorc really. I'd just make a meteorb sorc rather than a lit sorc for the versatility. The vast majority of the time the packs that surround the Countess are susceptible to something. A meteorb sorc can fireball the pack and then your merc can take out the Countess for that extra MF just in case of a good item drop.

asdfgah

Apr 11, 2005
Gothenburg, Sweden
necrolemming said:
How long did the set take? ~1 hr?

Yes I think around 1 hour is correct.

I don't know the total time but the runs took max a minute each, most down to 30 seconds. Haven't really been counting but in that speed (30 seconds/run) 100 runs take 50 minutes.

asdfgah

Apr 11, 2005
Gothenburg, Sweden
Here's the next set of runs, my sorc gained 1 level (80-81) while doing these runs (p1).

Total number of Items : 216

Sigon's Visor
Milabrega's Robe
Death's Touch
Isenhart's Parry
Rusthandle
Wizendraw
Sander's Taboo
Ume's Lament
Sander's Taboo
Sander's Taboo
Heavenly Garb
Vidala's Barb
The Spirit Shroud
Culwen's Point
Cathan's Visage
Tarnhelm
Sazabi's Ghost Liberator
Jewel of Freedom
Nokozan Relic
Hellcast
Headstriker

EL: 32
ELD: 23
TIR: 35
NEF: 15
ETH: 14
ITH: 13
TAL: 9
RAL: 10
THUL: 9
AMN: 5
SHAEL: 2
SOL: 3
DOL: 1
HEL: 3
LEM: 1

KEY'S OF TERROR: 13

Lots of greens and golds on this set, compared to the first set. Not as many semi-rare runes as the first set but the lem that dropped on run 137 makes up for that. This time I didn't transmute runes under thul because I realised I need some of them. There were only two runs that didn't give me any runes but one of them was the run where I got Sazabi's Ghost Liberator. Some greens and golds weren't dropped by the countess herself but most of them were.

Now I'm going to look for gems to cube some of the runes aswell.

Edit: oh and I forgot to mension that I socketed my ormus robes with a 4/3 light facet, not a very good ine but better than nothing and when I find a better one I can always use one of the hel runes from my runs :)

Ormus' Robes
100% Chance to cast Level 47 Chain Lightning When You Die
+19% to Lightning Skill Damage
-3% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
Socketed (1: 1 used)

Maybe it speeded up my runs with 0,0001% ;)

asdfgah

Apr 11, 2005
Gothenburg, Sweden
Here are the results of 100 more runs.

My sorc gained one level when diong the runs (82). This is the best set of runs I've made so far so far but I still don't have the runes for duress :(

Number of Items : 181

Cathan's Seal
Skullder's Ire
Hwanin's Justice
Cleglaw's Tooth
Cathan's Seal
Cleglaw's Tooth
The Chieftain
Witchwild String

EL: 27
ELD: 23
TIR: 15
NEF: 14
ETH: 18
ITH: 12
TAL: 15
RAL: 11
THUL: 6
AMN: 3
SOL: 5
SHAEL: 1
DOL: 2
IO: 3
HEL: 4
LUM: 2
KO: 1
LEM: 1
MAL: 1

KEYS OF TERROR: 1

Mal dropped at run 251 and lem right after at run 252, ko rune dropped in run # 257 so there were a "lot" of lucky drops within 10 runs. The skullder's Ire was a nice drop, not what I expected ;).

Edit: added link to picture of the mal drop and I have to say that I picked up a rune before I had time to see the mal dropped so it was actually 4 runes that dropped :p