• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

1.11 Classic

Tarr

Jul 8, 2003
1.11 Classic

Hi all. A friend of mine, who doesn't have LoD, and I are going to play Classic 1.11. I have a few questions.

Eventually we're going to LoD so we need to plan ahead a bit:

What would be the best amazon that would translate well to the expansion when converted? Strafer?

What other non-amazon character would work well in classic, yet still be a good char when converted to expansion? How about ironbarb?

Thanks in advance!

ricrestoni

Jul 29, 2003
Sao Paulo, Brazil
To the best of knowledge, once you create a char in classical, there is no way to bring it to expansion. No way that won't result in a visit of one or two moderators in your front porch, with meancing mod sticks, that is.

Method0ne

Sep 7, 2004
1.13c RWM
ricrestoni said:
To the best of knowledge, once you create a char in classical, there is no way to bring it to expansion. No way that won't result in a visit of one or two moderators in your front porch, with meancing mod sticks, that is.

Other than the big button that says "Convert to Expansion" in the middle of the Char select screen? ;)

WayWardSoul

Jun 3, 2005
nebraska
ricrestoni said:
when you install LOD there is a button on the bottom of the charater select screen between the create new charater and delete charater thats called convert to expansion. Its not a mod by SPF standards, its a LOD feature, I wouldnt think the moderators would mind people using it, since blizzard did design the game to do it.

edit pwned by methodone :lol:

Choson

Banned
Jul 1, 2005
Canada
Tarr said:
Hi all. A friend of mine, who doesn't have LoD, and I are going to play Classic 1.11. I have a few questions.

Eventually we're going to LoD so we need to plan ahead a bit:

What would be the best amazon that would translate well to the expansion when converted? Strafer?

What other non-amazon character would work well in classic, yet still be a good char when converted to expansion? How about ironbarb?

Thanks in advance!

Heres my two cents I played classic last ladder only one amazon works well in Classic thats a java should do fairly decnt in expansion to if you don't ruin your stats the other characters would be a hammerdin and a sorc but don't forget in classic dex isn't needa for max block in expan it is never forget this and good luck.

ricrestoni

Jul 29, 2003
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Method0ne said:
Other than the big button that says "Convert to Expansion" in the middle of the Char select screen? ;)

...and that's what the best of my knowledge is worthy! :teeth:

About amazons, lightning zons will be eternal pwnzorz. WW barbs won't fail you either.

Choson

Banned
Jul 1, 2005
Canada
ricrestoni said:
...and that's what the best of my knowledge is worthy! :teeth:

About amazons, lightning zons will be eternal pwnzorz. WW barbs won't fail you either.

Ww barb will fail you on classic because you need a good weapon and when you convert u won't be able to do nm baal runs with a 300+ lance which is really expensive on classic