The next Diablo 3 PTR 2.71 test is on its way starting on 17 June.
The update will include “three unique PTR buffs” including increased Legendary drop rate, increased experience gains, and double Blood Shard drops. New gear for testing can be picked up from the PTR vendor Djank Mi’em who will supply bags of Legendary items and Ethereals for Blood Shards.
The testing will also focus on balance changes for the Monk’s Inna’s Mantra set, Crusader’s Aegis of Valor set and the Necromancer’s Masquerade of the Burning Carnival set.
This test is really about testing the Ethereal items details of which can be found in the update below. It’s being touted as a throwback to Diablo 2.
Developer’s Note: Diablo II left us with fond memories when it released more than 20 years ago, and with Diablo II: Resurrected coming soon, we’d like to introduce a feature to honor that legacy. For this seasonal theme, our inspiration took shape by reimagining how Ethereal items could manifest in Diablo III. In Season 24, Ethereals are rare, powerful, and fleeting items, with 21 iconic weapons from Diablo II making a return.
New Season Theme: Season 24 introduces Ethereals, a new weapon-type that players will be able to acquire and hunt for in their upcoming seasonal journey. Ethereals will roll a powerful set of affixes, a random Class Weapon Legendary Power and a random Class Passive Power. Ethereals will have unique icons, names, item types, and sounds originally found in Diablo II. For additional details on Ethereals, check out the list below:
- Ethereals are account bound and can only be dropped by monsters, chests, and destructibles, but do not require your character to be level 70 to drop. Ethereals cannot be acquired through Kanai’s Cube or from Kadala.
- Ethereal rarity drop rate is set between Ancient and Primal items.
- There are 3 unique Ethereals per class. Each Ethereal has fixed affixes and rolls one random Legendary Weapon power and one random Class Passive Skill.
- Only one Ethereal can be equipped at a time.
- Ethereals ignore item durability loss.
- Legendary Powers and Class Passive Skills rolled on Ethereals do not stack with the same power equipped through Kanai’s Cube, Items or Skills.
- Ethereals cannot be Enchanted, Transmogrified, Dyed, Reforged, or traded.
- Ethereals can be augmented.
- Collecting all 21 Ethereals during Season 24 will reward players with the Feat of Strength, Ethereal Recollection. Players who accomplish this will have all Ethereal transmogrify options available for future seasonal and non-seasonal play.
- Ethereals only drop in Seasonal play, and will not transfer to your non-seasonal character when the season ends.
Season Rewards: Two unique new rewards, a portrait frame, and a pet will be granted to players who complete the Season 24 Guardian Journey. Please note that the reward content will not be available during PTR 2.7.1.
- Monk | Skill Change:
- Mystic Ally – Fire Ally: Now splits into 2 splits instead of 5, but now all Fire Allies can split. Damage radius slightly increased and damage increased from 480% to 1920% weapon damage.
- Mystic Ally – Earth Ally: Damage increased from 380% to 4500% weapon damage.
- Wizard | Skill Change:
- Mirror Image: Mirror Image icon now displays a counter to display how many Mirror Images are active.
- Inna’s Mantra 4-Piece Set: Gain the base effect of all four Mantras at all times. You gain 5% damage reduction for each Mystic Ally you have out. Your Mystic Allies no longer take damage.
- Inna’s Mantra 6-Piece Set: Gain the passive abilities of the five runed Mystic Allies at all times. Attacking enemies creates your chosen Mystic Ally that lasts 15 seconds, up to 10 Mystic Allies. The damage of your Mystic Allies is increased by 950% for each Mystic Ally you have out.
- The Crudest Boots: Mystic Ally summons two Mystic Allies that fight by your side. They deal 300% to 400% increased damage and are able to attack with their active forms longer.
- Bindings of the Lesser Gods: Enemies hit by your Cyclone Strike take 300% to 400% increased damage from your Mystic Ally for 5 seconds. Split Fire Allies gain 5 times this bonus.
Developer’s Note: Inna’s Mantra played similarly to other Monk sets and didn’t have a strong identity. We want to see the Mystic Ally play a more important role, rather than simply providing a passive power boost.
- Aegis of Valor 2-Piece Set: Attacking with Fists of the Heavens empowers you, allowing Heaven’s Fury to deal 125% increased damage for 5 seconds. Stacks up to 3 times.
- Masquerade of the Burning Carnival 6-Piece Set: Bone Spear cast by you and your Simulacrums deals 6000% increased damage.
Developer’s Note: Aegis of Valor and Masquerade of the Burning Carnival have been overperforming for several seasons. We’re adjusting these sets in the interest of competitive variety.