Act 4: The Fallen Angel Details
- Quest Name: The Fallen Angel
- Triggered By: Entering the Pandemonium Fortress
- Location: Find Izual in the Plains of Despair
- Reward: Two skill points from Tyrael*
- Quest Priority: This quest is not mandatory, but the +2 skill points is probably the best quest reward in the game.
Once you start Act Four, Tyrael will have the “!” over his head, and want to talk. He tells you that there is a tortured soul, Izual, the fallen angel, and you must find him and free him.
Izual will be found somewhere roaming around the Plains of Despair, the second area in Act Five. He is a relatively easy kill, as he has just a Cold Nova attack and a slow physical attack. The challenge is that he has an incredible amount of hit points, more than Diablo even, so takes quite a while to beat on. He’s worth a good chunk of experience though, in addition to Tyrael giving you two skill points when you return to town after killing “Izzy” as he’s called.
Try to get someone else in the game if you are on Battle.net to help you with him. Sorceresses are the best, since with Static they can take Izzy down most of the way a lot faster than any other attack. Use your biggest damage weapon on Izual, he’s not much of a threat to deal you damage, he just has so many hit points you’ll often need to go get repairs in the middle of the fight.
* Note: If you wander away from Izual’s spirit, it will disappear. You can still return to Tyrael to get the quest reward.
- There is a dark, tortured soul who was trapped within this forsaken realm long ago. He was called Izual by mortal men, and in ages past he was my most trusted Lieutenant.
- Yet, against my wishes he led an ill-fated assault upon the fiery Hellforge, itself.
- Despite his valor and strength, Izual was captured by the Prime Evils and twisted by their perverse power. They forced him to betray his own kind and give up Heaven’s most guarded secrets.
- He became a corrupt shadow of his former self – a fallen angel trusted neither by Heaven nor Hell.
- For his transgressions, Izual’s spirit was bound within the form of a terrible creature which was summoned from the Abyss. His maddened spirit has resided within that tortured husk for many ages now.
- It seems to me that he has suffered long enough. I implore you, hero, find Izual and release him from his cruel imprisonment.
- Put an end to his guilt and suffering.
- Tyrael has asked you to confront Izual the Fallen? He must have great faith in your abilities!
- I trust you know what you’re doing… Be careful. You’re our last hope.
- Though Izual no longer carries the Angelic Runeblade, Azurewrath, he may still possess great strength and power within his new form.
- Also, he may not be able to tell friend from foe while in his present state. If you find him, he will almost certainly be hostile.
- Proceed with the utmost caution.
- Having trouble finding the Fallen Angel, eh?
- You’d better hurry. It’s beginning to feel like some great evil is permeating the air around here.
- You mustn’t delay, mortal hero. Izual must be put to rest, but Diablo still lurks within this realm.
- Go now… Hurry!
- You’re lucky to be alive, my friend! It is imperative that you find and stop Diablo!
- You should speak of this with Tyrael. He will know what to make of this.
- Tyrael was a fool to have trusted me!
- You see, it was I who told Diablo and his Brothers about the Soulstones and how to corrupt them. It was I who helped the Prime Evils mastermind their own exile to your world.
- The plan we set in motion so long ago cannot be stopped by any mortal agency. Hell, itself, is poised to spill forth into your world like a tidal wave of blood and nightmares.
- You and all your kind… are doomed.
- Thank you, hero, for putting Izual’s tortured spirit to rest. May the Light protect you and the powers of Heaven shine upon your path.
- But, if what you tell me is true, then I fear that we have been played for fools all along.
- Izual helped Diablo and his Brothers trick me into using the Soulstones against them… Now the Stones’ powers are corrupted.
- With the combined powers of the Soulstones under their control, the Prime Evils will be able to turn the mortal world into a permanent outpost of Hell!