Sigon’s Complete Steel Notes
Sigon’s Set was greatly improved in the expansion, and is one of the most popular sets to “twink” to a new character. The full set can take a melee fighter well into Nightmare, serving most well until the lack of resistances becomes a problem. Pairing the IAS gloves with the belt or boots is even more popular for new characters, thanks to the 10% life leech partial set bonus that comes with any 2 items.
These are the stats for the set in Diablo 2 Resurrected, where there are partial set bonuses and hidden item bonuses.
- Item level (ilvl): Used in many in-game calculations. Monsters must be of this level to drop the item.
- Character level (clvl): The character level you need to be to be able to wear or equip the item.
- Hidden bonuses stack together. For instance, if an item has a bonus for two items and a bonus for three items, and three items are worn, both the bonus for two items and for three items will become active.
- It is possible to gamble Set and Unique items in v1.09+. The odds are roughly 1/1000 for Set items and 1/2000 for Unique items.
- Items with Rarity are expressed as a chance out of 1000. IE 78/1000 would mean that out of every 1000 set items of that base item that drop, 78 of them will be this particular one.
- Damage Bonus: This determines how you multiply the item damage by your stats to reach the actual damage. Multiply by the listed value per 100 points in that stat. All bows are 100 Dex, almost all melee weapons are 100 Str, most throwing weapons are 50/50.
- Weapon Speed: A relative comparison to other weapons of the same type. 0 is the base -10, -20, etc is faster, 10, 20, etc is slower, always in increments of 10. Each 10 is equivalent to an SIAS item. Previously items were listed with WSM modified by IAS on the items, we have revised this to show the Weapons base speed (WSM) before ANY IAS.
- Range: Relevant to melee weapons only. From 1 (least) to 5 (most) in D2X. Numbers are fixed across item classes: a 3 javelin = a 3 sword = a 3 hammer, etc.
- Light Armor: 0% stamina drain and speed penalty.
- Medium Armor: +5% stamina drain and speed penalty.
- Heavy Armor: +10% stamina drain and speed penalty.
- Shield Blocking information can be found on the shields page.
- Smite damage is for the Paladin only.
- Weight: All shields are light, medium, or heavy. In Diablo II this only matters for tower shields, which slow your running speed and increase stamina drain 10%. In D2X it will probably effect blocking speed as well as running speed.
- shael rune doesn’t improve blocking ability
Sigon’s Complete Steel Items
|Item||Item Name||Attributes||Hidden Bonuses|
70 Str Required
25% Enhanced Defense
30% Lightning Resist
|Wearing 2 Items: Attacker Takes Damage of 20|
63 Str Required
30 to Mana
|Wearing 2 Items: 8 to Attack Rating per Clvl|
75 Str Required
64% Block chance
1-5 Pal Smite Damage
20 Increased Blocking
1 to All Skills
60 Str Required
20 to Attack Rating
10 to Strength
|Wearing 2 Items: 30% Increased Attack Speed|
70 Str Required
20% Faster Run/Walk
40% Cold Resist
|Wearing 2 Items: 50 to Attack Rating|
Wearing 3 Items: 50% Better Chance of Getting Magical Items
60 Str Required
20% Fire Resist
20 to Life
|Wearing 2 Items: 2 Defense per Clvl *|
* When wearing another item of this set, the defense of this belt will increase at a rate of 2 defense per Clvl
Quite a stack of mods for the full set, but of course with six items, you’d expect as much. Imagine the list of mods from 6 good Rare items though. The full bonus is not very useful, with a medium fire damage and the other two basically defensive. As much trouble as putting together the full six pieces and trying to make up some resistances with the remaining pieces of equipment, you’d expect more. All three jewelry slots are free, and you can use any weapon you like, as long as it’s one-handed.
|Set Attributes/Bonus||Item Slots Used||Item Slots Free|
|Partial Set Bonuses:|
Wearing 2 Items: 10% Life Stolen Per Hit
Wearing 3 Items: 100 DefenseFull Set Bonus:
12% Fire ResistÂ
Attacker Takes Damage of 12
Damage TakenÂ reduced by 7
24 Maximum Fire Damage