Hsaru’s Defense Notes
Hsarus’ Defense is an unusual set, as it has neither weapon nor body armor in it. This is a good thing since you can put top-quality items in your two most important slots, as well as all three jewelry slots. Unfortunately, the three items in this set aren’t of any use on their own, and the overall bonus isn’t much good either.
These are the stats for the set in Diablo II Expansion Pack: Lord of Destruction and Diablo 2 Resurrected, where there are partial set bonuses and hidden item bonuses.
- Item level (ilvl): Used in many in-game calculations. Monsters must be of this level to drop the item.
- Character level (clvl): The character level you need to be to be able to wear or equip the item.
- Hidden bonuses stack together. For instance, if an item has a bonus for two items and a bonus for three items, and three items are worn, both the bonus for two items and for three items will become active.
- It is possible to gamble Set and Unique items in v1.09+. The odds are roughly 1/1000 for Set items and 1/2000 for Unique items.
- Items with Rarity are expressed as a chance out of 1000. IE 78/1000 would mean that out of every 1000 set items of that base item that drop, 78 of them will be this particular one.
- Light Armor: 0% stamina drain and speed penalty.
- Medium Armor: +5% stamina drain and speed penalty.
- Heavy Armor: +10% stamina drain and speed penalty.
- Shield Blocking information can be found on the shields page.
- Smite damage is for the Paladin only.
- Weight: All shields are light, medium, or heavy. In Diablo 2 this only matters for tower shields, which slow your running speed and increase stamina drain 10%. In Diablo 1.14 it will effect blocking speed as well as running speed.
- shael rune doesn’t improve blocking ability
Hsaru’s Defense Items
|Item||Item Name||Attributes||Hidden Bonuses|
|Hsarus’ Iron Stay|
25 Str Required
+20% Cold Resist
+20 to life
|Wearing 2 Items: +2.5 Defense per Clvl*|
|Hsarus’ Iron Fist|
12 Str Required
20% Block chance
1-3 Pal Smite Dmg
Damage Reduced by 2
+10 to Strength
|Wearing 2 Items: +2.5 Defense per Clvl**|
|Hsarus’ Iron Heel|
30 Str Required
6-12 Kick Dmg
+25% Fire Resist
|Wearing 2 Items: +10 to Attack Rating per Clvl|
* When wearing another item of this set, the defense of this belt will increase at a rate of 2.5 defense per clvl ** When wearing another item of this set, the defense of this bucker will increase at a rate of 2.5 defense per clvl
Hsaru’s Defense Set Bonuses
A minor set, though at least the lack of a weapon allows you to use a decent one with it and do some big damage. Unfortunately the shield is quite crappy, and of course limits you to using one-handed weapons with this set. The set bonus isn’t much either; can’t be frozen is great for dueling some characters, but not at the cost of three almost wasted item slots.
|Set Attributes/Bonus||Item Slots Used||Item Slots Free|
Wearing two items: Attacker Takes Damage of 5Full Set Bonus:
Cannot Be Frozen
+25% Lightning Resist
+5 to Max Damage