Cathan’s Traps Notes
Cathan’s Set is a Sorceress set that could be good if using a shield weren’t so much more useful than a staff. The set bonuses balance between melee and spell casting, which a low-level Sorc without much mana might find useful.
These are the stats for the set in Diablo 2 Resurrected.
- Item level (ilvl): Used in many in-game calculations. Monsters must be of this level to drop the item.
- Character level (clvl): The character level you need to be to be able to wear or equip the item.
- Hidden bonuses stack together. For instance, if an item has a bonus for two items and a bonus for three items, and three items are worn, both the bonus for two items and for three items will become active.
- It is possible to gamble Set and Unique items in v1.09+. The odds are roughly 1/1000 for Set items and 1/2000 for Unique items.
- Items with Rarity are expressed as a chance out of 1000. IE 78/1000 would mean that out of every 1000 set items of that base item that drop, 78 of them will be this particular one.
- Damage Bonus: This determines how you multiply the item damage by your stats to reach the actual damage. Multiply by the listed value per 100 points in that stat. All bows are 100 Dex, almost all melee weapons are 100 Str, most throwing weapons are 50/50.
- Weapon Speed: A relative comparison to other weapons of the same type. 0 is the base -10, -20, etc is faster, 10, 20, etc is slower, always in increments of 10. Each 10 is equivalent to an SIAS item. Previously items were listed with WSM modified by IAS on the items, we have revised this to show the Weapons base speed (WSM) before ANY IAS.
- Range: Relevant to melee weapons only. From 1 (least) to 5 (most) in D2X. Numbers are fixed across item classes: a 3 javelin = a 3 sword = a 3 hammer, etc.
- Light Armor: 0% stamina drain and speed penalty.
- Medium Armor: +5% stamina drain and speed penalty.
- Heavy Armor: +10% stamina drain and speed penalty.
Cathan’s Traps Items
|Item||Item Name||Attributes||Hidden Bonuses|
6% Life Stolen per Hit
Damage Reduced by 2
|Wearing 2 Items: +10 Strength|
Attacker Takes Lightning Damage of 6
Fast Hit Recovery
|Wearing 2 Items: +50 to Attack Rating|
Wearing 3 Items: +25% Better Chance of Getting Magical Items
23 Str Required
+25% Cold Resist
|Wearing 2 Items: +2 Defense per Clvl *|
24 Str Required
|Wearing 2 Items: Attacker Takes Damage of 5|
Wearing 3 Items: +30% Fire Resist
|6-13 2H Damage|
0 Weapon Speed
Damage Bonus: 100 Str
+1 to all Fire skills
+10 max Fire damage
|Wearing 2 Items: +50 Mana|
Wearing 3 Items: +10 Resist All
* When wearing another item of this set, the defense of this mask will increase at a rate of 2 defense per Clvl
Basically, a Sorceress set, as all sets with Staves in them are. Of course, no Sorceresses use staves, since having a shield is so much more useful, but let’s overlook that for now. There are a lot of nice bonuses from this set, resistance, +mana, -magical damage, but to tie up five items for this is just not worth it.
|Set Attributes/Bonus||Item Slots Used||Item Slots Free|
|Partial Set Bonuses:|
Wearing 2 Items: +15-20 Fire Damage
Wearing 3 Items: +25% Lightning ResistFull Set Bonus:
10% Faster Cast Rate
Magic Damage Reduced by 3
+25 Resist All
+60 to Attack Rating
+20 to Mana