Berserker’s Arsenal Notes
The Berserker’s Garb Set is nice for low level Barbs, but deals very poor damage and overall set bonus. The fact that it uses an axe is a negative too, since they are clearly the weakest of all weapon types for the long run.
- Item level (ilvl): Used in many in-game calculations. Monsters must be of this level to drop the item.
- Character level (clvl): The character level you need to be to be able to wear or equip the item.
- Hidden bonuses stack together. For instance, if an item has a bonus for two items and a bonus for three items, and three items are worn, both the bonus for two items and for three items will become active.
- It is possible to gamble Set and Unique items in v1.09+. The odds are roughly 1/1000 for Set items and 1/2000 for Unique items.
- Items with Rarity are expressed as a chance out of 1000. IE 78/1000 would mean that out of every 1000 set items of that base item that drop, 78 of them will be this particular one.
- Damage Bonus: This determines how you multiply the item damage by your stats to reach the actual damage. Multiply by the listed value per 100 points in that stat. All bows are 100 Dex, almost all melee weapons are 100 Str, most throwing weapons are 50/50.
- Weapon Speed: A relative comparison to other weapons of the same type. 0 is the base -10, -20, etc is faster, 10, 20, etc is slower, always in increments of 10. Each 10 is equivalent to an SIAS item. Previously items were listed with WSM modified by IAS on the items, we have revised this to show the Weapons base speed (WSM) before ANY IAS.
- Range: Relevant to melee weapons only. From 1 (least) to 5 (most) in D2X. Numbers are fixed across item classes: a 3 javelin = a 3 sword = a 3 hammer, etc.
- Light Armor: 0% stamina drain and speed penalty.
- Medium Armor: +5% stamina drain and speed penalty.
- Heavy Armor: +10% stamina drain and speed penalty.
Berserker’s Arsenal Item List
|Item||Item Name||Attributes||Hidden Bonuses|
43 Required Strength
10 Weapon Speed
Damage Bonus: 100 Str
30% bonus to attack Rating
5% Mana Stolen per Hit
|Wearing 2 Items: +50% Enhanced Damage*|
51 Str Required
+1 to Barbarian Skills
Magic damage reduced by 2
|Wearing 2 Items: +3 Defense per Clvl**|
26 Str Required
+25% Fire Resist
|Wearing 2 Items: +8 to Attack Rating per Clvl|
* When wearing another item of Berserker’s Arsenal, the damage of this double axe will be increased to 7-19.
** When wearing another item of Berserker’s Arsenal, the defense of this armor will increase at a rate of 3 defense per Clvl
Obviously intended to be a Barbarian Set, and wouldn’t be bad at low levels. The full set bonus is particularly underwhelming though, probably the worst in the game. However, the attack rating and defense provided by this set are of note; the scaling nature of both makes the set viable for characters lacking in these stats well into Nightmare difficulty. Average characters could expect to receive bonuses of 800 or more Attack Rating, in some cases radically improving hit ratios. Add to that its rather large defense(comparing with and beating out many exceptional armors), and it becomes slightly more useful than it at first appears.
|Set Attributes/Bonus||Item Slots Used||Item Slots Free|
|Partial Set Bonuses:
Wearing 2 Items: +50 LifeFull Set Bonus:
Poison Length Reduced by 75%
+4-9 Poison Damage over 3 Seconds