Arctic Gear Notes
The Arctic Gear Set is for low level Amazons with a cold fetish. You get cold damage with a good duration, cold resistance, and the rare “Cannot Be Frozen” property as well. However so few monsters in Diablo II have a cold attack that this isn’t a real big deal, and the overall set damage is too weak for long term use.
- Item level (ilvl): Used in many in-game calculations. Monsters must be of this level to drop the item.
- Character level (clvl): The character level you need to be to be able to wear or equip the item.
- Hidden bonuses stack together. For instance, if an item has a bonus for two items and a bonus for three items, and three items are worn, both the bonus for two items and for three items will become active.
- It is possible to gamble Set and Unique items in v1.09+. The odds are roughly 1/1000 for Set items and 1/2000 for Unique items.
- Items with Rarity are expressed as a chance out of 1000. IE 78/1000 would mean that out of every 1000 set items of that base item that drop, 78 of them will be this particular one.
- Damage Bonus: This determines how you multiply the item damage by your stats to reach the actual damage. Multiply by the listed value per 100 points in that stat. All bows are 100 Dex, almost all melee weapons are 100 Str, most throwing weapons are 50/50.
- Weapon Speed: A relative comparison to other weapons of the same type. 0 is the base -10, -20, etc is faster, 10, 20, etc is slower, always in increments of 10. Each 10 is equivalent to an SIAS item. Previously items were listed with WSM modified by IAS on the items, we have revised this to show the Weapons base speed (WSM) before ANY IAS.
- Range: Relevant to melee weapons only. From 1 (least) to 5 (most) in D2X. Numbers are fixed across item classes: a 3 javelin = a 3 sword = a 3 hammer, etc.
- Light Armor: 0% stamina drain and speed penalty.
- Medium Armor: +5% stamina drain and speed penalty.
- Heavy Armor: +10% stamina drain and speed penalty.
|Item||Item Name||Attributes||Hidden Bonuses|
45 Str Required
+20 to Life
10% Increased Attack Speed
|Wearing 2 Items: +50 to Attack Rating
Wearing 3 Items: +10 Dexterity
+40% Cold Resist
+30 to Defense
|Wearing 2 Items: +40% Better Chance of Getting Magical Items
Wearing 3 Items: +10% Cold Resist
12 Str Required
+275-325% Enhanced Defense
+10% Resistance to All
|Wearing 2 Items: +3 Defense per Clvl *
Wearing 3 Items: +15% Cold Resistance
55 Dex Required
35 Str Required
0 Weapon Speed
Damage Bonus: 100 Dex
+20% Bonus to Attack Rating
+50% Enhanced Damage
|Wearing 2 Items: +8 to Attack Rating per Clvl
Wearing 3 Items: +20-30 Cold Damage, 3 Second Cold Duration
* When wearing another item of this set, the defense of this armor will increase at a rate of 3 defense per Clvl.
Arctic Gear Set Bonuses
A couple of the individual items in the Arctic Gear set are worth using, and the full set isn’t bad, with cold resistance galore and cold damage, with a decent cold time. However cold resistance isn’t all that needed in Diablo II, and the main problem is the very low bow damage that makes this one useless by Act Three.
|Set Attributes/Bonus||Item Slots Used||Item Slots Free|
|Partial Set Bonuses:
Wearing two Items: +5 Strength
Wearing three Items: +50 LifeSet Bonus:
Cannot Be Frozen
Adds 6-14 Cold Damage, 3 Second Cold Duration
|Amazon Unique Items|
|Assassin Unique Items|
|Barbarian Unique Items|
|Druid Unique Items|
|Necromancer Unique Items|
|Paladin Unique Items|
|Sorceress Unique Items|